Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCPOL403B, 'Undertake research activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake research activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare a research plan
1.1 Ensure views and interests of stakeholders are reflected in the research methodology and it and is compatible with ethical considerations
1.2 Select research methodology suitable to needs, purposes and resources and to maximise credibility of outcomes
1.3 Select and use research strategies appropriate to client group, subject matter being researched, the outcomes sought and the resources available
1.4 Ensure research plan incorporates strategies for validating research outcomes
2. Implement appropriate research strategies
2.1 Determine and allocate resources needed to conduct research
2.2 Ensure collection, recording and storage of all relevant information is timely and will ensure validity, confidentiality and security
2.3 Identify a representative range of people and groups with an interest in the issues and consult them in appropriate ways to ensure validity of outcomes
2.4 Undertake consultation according to agreed practices and protocol of own and other agencies
2.5 Consider cultural sensitivities and ethical issues in all consultation
3. Organise and analyse information
3.1 Organise information in a form that allows analysis and suits the research purposes
3.2 Develop patterns in the data and derive explanations, maintaining validity and reliability
4. Report the findings of the research
4.1 Report complete and accurate details of the research methodology, information and analysis in an accessible and useable style and format
4.2 Provide opportunities for validation of research findings
4.3 Report research results and make them available to all relevant stakeholders