Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCVOL004, 'Manage volunteer workforce development'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage volunteer workforce development' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Review and develop volunteer program policies and systems
1.1 Research volunteering trends impacting volunteer involvement
1.2 Develop strategies for the inclusion of volunteering into key organisation policies and strategies
1.3 Develop strategies for the implementation and review of volunteer programs systems and processes in line with current national volunteering standards and/or organisation requirements
2. Develop a volunteer workforce plan
2.1 Review volunteer positions and measure their contribution to the organisation and service provision
2.2 Identify and develop potential growth areas of volunteer involvement opportunities
2.3 Develop a demographic profile of the volunteer workforce
2.4 Analyse and respond to volunteer motivation and satisfaction
2.5 Implement a volunteer training needs analysis to identify training opportunities
3. Develop strategies to enhance the volunteer workforce
3.1 Apply findings regarding volunteer motivation and satisfaction to volunteer retention strategies
3.2 Implement appropriate strategies to recognise and/or reward volunteers
3.3 Identify volunteer recruitment opportunities
3.4 Develop training opportunities for volunteers
3.5 Develop and implement additional volunteer retention strategies
4. Implement opportunities for volunteer management team development
4.1 Identify and implement professional development opportunities for volunteer managers (paid and/or unpaid) within the organisation
4.2 Review the success of volunteer management development strategies and identify opportunities for continuous improvement