Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver HLTHIR403B, 'Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Reflect cultural awareness in work practice
Demonstrate awareness of culture as a factor in all human behaviour by using culturally appropriate work practices
Use work practices that create a culturally and psychologically safe environment for all persons
Review and modify work practices in consultation with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds
Accept cultural diversity as a basis for effective work place and professional relationships
Show respect for cultural diversity in all communication and interactions with co-workers, colleagues and clients
Use specific strategies to eliminate bias and discrimination in the workplace
Contribute to the development of work place and professional relationships based on acceptance of cultural diversity
Communicate effectively with culturally diverse persons
Show respect for cultural diversity in all communication with clients, families, staff and others
Use communication constructively to develop and maintain effective relationships, mutual trust and confidence
Where language barriers exist, make efforts to communicate in the most effective way possible
Seek assistance from interpreters or other persons as required
Resolve cross-cultural misunderstandings
Identify issues that may cause conflict
If difficulties or misunderstandings occur, consider the impact of cultural differences
Make an effort to sensitively resolve differences, taking account of cultural considerations
Address any difficulties with appropriate people and seek assistance when required