Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIA2044, 'Carry out delivery operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Carry out delivery operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare to deliver mail and/or consignment
Mail and/or consignment for delivery and associated items are identified and collected promptly from specific locations
Mail and/or consignment is sorted accurately into route order
Mail and/or consignment is handled in a manner that minimises the risk of damage
Special items are identified accurately
Mail and/or consignment is organised into bundles and is kept in sequence for delivery
Mail and/or consignment is handled securely
Deliver mail/consignment to specific route
Established laws, by-laws and procedural guidelines are confirmed and applied
Mail and/or consignment is delivered in good condition and in specified sequence
Deliveries are completed within specified times
Mail and/or consignment is kept secure to minimise the risk of damage, theft, mis
Items requiring special treatment are delivered as specified and relevant documentation is completed accurately
Contact with customers is conducted courteously and in a manner that encourages customers to continue to use and recommend mail services
Hazards associated with delivery round are identified and required action is taken to minimise, control or eliminate identified hazards
Report on delivery activity
Incidents involving customers and/or identified hazards are reported accurately to relevant person
Opportunities for developing workplace business, together with competitor activity, identified during delivery operations are recorded and reported to appropriate person
Undelivered and undeliverable mail/consignment is processed in accordance with workplace policies and procedures
Documents are completed, checked for accuracy and returned promptly to appropriate person