Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIE707B, 'Use communication systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Use communication systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify system features
System features and control functions are identified
Where relevant, battery and signal levels are monitored
Mobile equipment is set up to optimise communication
Where relevant, channels are selected appropriate to the communication
Communicate using communications technology
System checks are carried out to confirm communication system is operational in accordance with manufacturers instructions and workplace procedures
Communication system is operated safely in accordance with manufacturers instructions, workplace procedures and (any) regulatory requirements
Telephone and radio security is maintained in accordance with workplace procedures
Where relevant, channel selection is appropriate for the location and type of communication
Messages are transmitted clearly and precisely with due observation of ethics and protocols required of users
Where applicable, PA system is used to communicate with passengers and crew as per standard operating procedures
Where applicable, incoming messages are received and answered promptly and courteously within operating procedures and (any) regulatory requirements
Appropriate protocols and procedures are followed when using communications systems during emergencies
Received messages are interpreted and recorded, where required, in accordance with workplace procedures
Vocal communication is clear, unambiguous and uses appropriate procedures, language and codes
Maintain communication equipment operational status
Equipment is checked and maintained in working order in accordance with workplace procedures
Minor faults in the communications systems are promptly identified, diagnosed, and repaired or reported in accordance with workplace procedures
Appropriate records of communications are maintained in accordance with workplace procedures