Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCCDE005, 'Develop and support relevant community resources'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and support relevant community resources' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Assess community resource requirements
1.1 Document resource requirements through participation of networks and stakeholder needs
1.2 Research existing available community resources and assess their capacity to meet priorities of the group
1.3 Develop strategies to address gaps in available resources
1.4 Develop strategies for the provision of resources to assist in meeting organisation objectives within funding considerations
2. Develop an information base
2.1 Establish and maintain professional networks with key people and organisations
2.2 Create opportunities to develop supportive connections between key people, including arranging and conducting meetings
2.3 Identify and plan for obstacles to effective contact between people and develop appropriate strategies to overcome these
2.4 Maintain records and make available as required to facilitate community interaction
3. Develop community resources
3.1 Develop resources with participation of key people
3.2 Follow processes and procedures to facilitate endorsement and implementation
3.3 Undertake appropriate work to ensure that maintenance of community resources is carried out according to agreed procedures and budget allocations
4. Facilitate community access to resources
4.1 Publicise availability of resources to target group, key people and organisations to encourage participation in activities
4.2 Make resources available to all users as required in accordance with organisation procedures
4.3 Review resources regularly to ensure usefulness and currency