Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMER004A, 'Manage merchandise and store presentation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage merchandise and store presentation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Manage store merchandising.
Ensure layout and presentation support market position and promote customer flow according to store visual merchandising policies and plans.
Develop and implement layout assessment checks.
Define standards for visual presentations and displays and clearly communicate to all staff
Consult floor staff to assess customer response to space allocations.
Plan and manage store advertising and promotions.
Manage and implement store policies and procedures, in regard to store promotional activities.
Organise activities in line with anticipated or researched customer requirements.
Manage promotions in order to achieve maximum customer impact.
Negotiate arrangements with suppliers in regard to special promotional activities.
Coordinate store activities to complement shopping centre or retail complex promotions.
Develop and implement assessment checks to measure effectiveness of promotions, including layout, visual impact and customer response.
Document and report on promotional activities.
Manage store pricing policies.
Maintain store pricing according to organisation pricing policies and procedures in regard to pricing.
Maintain accurate information on pricing trends and changes and communicate to relevant staff.
Develop and implement procedures for pricing according to store policies and legislative requirements.
Develop and implement store policies and procedures in regard to store housekeeping and maintenance.
Develop and manage rosters or schedules, ensuring store housekeeping standards are monitored and maintained.
Initiate contingency plan in the event of merchandise or store presentation problems.