Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXMPR001A, 'Coordinate production of brochures and marketing materials'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate production of brochures and marketing materials' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan the production of brochures and marketing materials.
Plan for the production of brochures and marketing materials according to organisation objectives, marketing focus and other issues that impact on the production process.
Consider factors in the planning of brochures.
Create detailed action plans for the production process, including timelines, responsibilities and budget.
Produce information for inclusion.
Produce or obtain from the appropriate source accurate and complete information for inclusion.
Present information in a clear and easily understood format.
Present information in a culturally appropriate way.
Obtain quotations for artwork and printing as appropriate.
Provide accurate and complete specifications to quoting organisations within appropriate timeframe.
Obtain comprehensive quotations with full details of potential variations to cost and conditions that may apply.
Develop final copy for brochures and marketing materials.
Develop copy using basic creative writing techniques or outsource to sell the products presented.
Produce copy that provides accurate practical and operational details.
Present all costs accurately with notes about conditions that may apply.
Present general conditions clearly and accurately according to organisation policy.
Check all copy for accuracy prior to submission to internal or external art house or printers.
Coordinate the print production of brochures and marketing materials.
Liaise with production house or responsible staff members in a manner that permits accurate monitoring of production schedule.
Check and correct all production work as required.
Re-check and gain approval of appropriate authority only when totally accurate.
Approve artwork according to organisation guidelines prior to commencement of printing.
Obtain and deliver brochures and marketing materials on schedule and establish contingency plans to allow for situations where timelines may be exceeded.