Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEC003B, 'Provide quotations for installation or service jobs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide quotations for installation or service jobs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish the extent of the work.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures are followed
The extent of installation or service work is determined from job specifications and discussions with customer and/or other appropriate person(s)
The extent of installation or service work on which a quotation is to be given is documented as a job specification and agreement sought with customer or other appropriate person(s)
OHS and other regulatory requirements are incorporated in the work on which the quotation is based
Requests for alterations to the job specification are negotiated with customer or other appropriate person(s) and within the constraints imposed by regulatory requirements
A date by which the quotation is to be submitted is agreed with the customer and/or other appropriate person(s)
Material take-offs are performed accurately and checked against job specification(s)
Materials, labour and other costs are determined from industry standard labour rates, enterprise costing arrangements and/or material suppliers
Quotations are checked for accuracy in costing and against job specification
Document and submit quotation.
Quotation is documented in accordance with established policies and procedures
Quotation is submitted to customer within by an agreed date