Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBIPR501, 'Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Identify the organisationâ€™s intellectual property assets and rights
1.1 Identify the intangible assets residing within the organisation and how they can be protected
1.2 Identify the sections of the organisation in which intellectual property is created, procured or transferred and for which management is required
1.3 Research intellectual property rights appropriate to the organisation according to legislative requirements
1.4 Identify and access sources of information and advice for protection of the organisationâ€™s intellectual property
1.5 Conduct a cost-benefit analysis of protecting intellectual property and determine risks
1.6 Identify and use appropriate intellectual property professionals to initiate processes to protect intellectual property, according to the type of intellectual property protection required
2 Create a strategy to manage the organisationâ€™s intellectual property
2.1 Review or create an organisational strategy and review or develop policies and procedures for protection, management and use of intellectual property as part of the organisationâ€™s business strategy
2.2 Plan and implement an intellectual property audit and establish or review the value and use of the organisationâ€™s intangible assets inventory
2.3 Plan and make recommendations for implementation of a strategy for business growth through use of organisationâ€™s intellectual property
2.4 Plan and implement strategies to ensure employees, partners and contractors protect the organisationâ€™s and othersâ€™ intangible assets
2.5 Establish or review procedures to securely record and store documentation related to the organisationâ€™s intangible assets
3 Monitor and maintain organisational strategies for the protection and use of intellectual property
3.1 Regularly monitor and review strategies, policies and procedures for the identification, protection and use of intellectual property to ensure they are working effectively and make changes if required
3.2 Manage the identification of potential infringement of organisationâ€™s intellectual property rights and ensure appropriate action is taken
3.3 Promote a culture of compliance and respect for the intellectual property rights other organisations and individuals
4 Manage the commercialisation of the organisationâ€™s intellectual property to ensure business growth
4.1 Research the role intellectual property will play in the strategic plans of the organisation
4.2 Contribute to the implementation of the commercialisation of the organisationâ€™s intellectual property
4.3 Manage the review of the activities of existing or potential competitors and assess their impact on the organisationâ€™s intangible assets
4.4 Access and effectively use othersâ€™ intellectual property within legal guidelines for business advantage