Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMKG514A, 'Implement and monitor marketing activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor marketing activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Implement marketing strategies and tactics
1.1. Brief stakeholders who participated in the marketing planning process on their implementation roles and responsibilities
1.2. Identify and brief marketing and non-marketing personnel critical to the success of the marketing plan, on the objectives of the plan, performance measures, and their roles and responsibilities
1.3. Prioritise marketing strategies and identify resources for their implementation, in accordance with organisational requirements
1.4. Implement communication and team building strategies to ensure that personnel responsible for each element of the marketing mix work together to meet the organisation's marketing objectives
1.5. Implement strategies for monitoring marketing activities and analysing marketing performance, in accordance with the marketing plan
2. Monitor marketing strategies and tactics
2.1. Monitor and implement promotional activity against communication objectives in the marketing plan
2.2. Monitor product, pricing and distribution decisions against organisational policy and the objectives of the marketing plan
2.3. Monitor marketing results against targets in the marketing plan
2.4. Monitor marketing revenue and costs against budget, and analyse record variations
2.5. Prepare and present marketing reports that indicate ongoing progress towards marketing objectives
3. Evaluate and improve marketing performance
3.1. Regularly assess marketing performance against objectives
3.2. Identify opportunities for improvement through discussion with customers and personnel responsible for each element of the marketing mix
3.3. Change business practices in line with changing customer requirements to maintain business relevance and viability
3.4. Document recommendations for improvement in accordance with organisational requirements
3.5. Communicate changes to marketing objectives and targets with relevant stakeholders, to facilitate implementation