Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Report on financial activity'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFIA402A, 'Report on financial activity'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Report on financial activity' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Questions and answers about the unit's competency field: Finance - Financial Administration
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Compile financial information and data
1.1. Collect, evaluate and code current financial data to ensure consistency, quality and accuracy in accordance with organisational requirements
1.2. Use conversion and consolidation procedures to compile analysis in accordance with organisational requirements
1.3. Make, record and disclose asset and liability valuations in accordance with organisational requirements
1.4. Ensure that discrepancies, unusual features or queries are identified, resolved or referred to the appropriate authority
2. Prepare statutory requirement reports
2.1. Correctly record income and expenditure to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
2.2. Calculate liabilities for tax in accordance with current legislation and revenue gathering practices
2.3. Correctly identify relevant receipts, revenue documentation and payments
2.4. Ensure that statements and claims take full advantage of available benefits and allowances in accordance with statutory requirements
2.5. Submit statutory requirement reports to appropriate authorities within stated deadlines
3. Provide financial business recommendations
3.1. Ensure that recommendations are logically derived and supported by evidence in report
3.2. Provide recommendations to propose constructive actions to enhance the effectiveness and efficacy of functions and services
3.3. Ensure recommendations are concise and facilitate direction and control of organisation's operations
3.4. Identify and prioritise significant issues in statements including comparative financial performances for review and decision making
3.5. Ensure structure and format of reports are clear and conform to organisational and statutory requirements