Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFIM502, 'Manage payroll'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage payroll' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Establish procedures for management of payroll
1.1 Establish procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of payroll information
1.2 Ensure procedures guarantee substantiation of claims for allowances
1.3 Establish control measures to safeguard organisationâ€™s financial resources in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements
1.4 Establish systems to ensure statutory obligations are met and records are kept for the period determined by government legislation
2 Prepare payroll data
2.1 Use nominated industrial awards, contracts and government legislation to calculate gross pay and annual salaries
2.2 Calculate statutory and voluntary deductions using government and employee documentation
2.3 Provide payroll data to payroll processor for calculation within designated timelines
3 Authorise payment of salaries
3.1 Check payroll, and authorise salaries and wages for payment in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
3.2 Reconcile salaries, wages and deductions in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
3.3 Deal with salary, wage and related enquiries in accordance with organisational policy and procedures
4 Administer salary records
4.1 Process declaration forms for new and existing employees in accordance with Australian Taxation Office requirements
4.2 Forward periodic deductions to nominated creditors within designated timelines
4.3 Prepare and dispatch payments to government authorities accurately and in accordance with relevant government legislation
4.4 Calculate and transcribe group tax amounts and make payments in accordance with taxation procedures
4.5 Prepare and reconcile employee group certificate amounts from salary records