Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXCCS001A, 'Apply point-of-sale handling procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply point-of-sale handling procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Operate point-of-sale equipment.
Operate point-of-sale equipment according to design specifications.
Open and close point-of-sale terminal according to store policy and procedures.
Clear point-of-sale terminal and transfer tender according to store procedure.
Handle cash according to store security procedures.
Maintain supplies of change in point-of-sale terminal according to store policy.
Attend active point-of-sale terminals according to store policy.
Complete records for transaction errors according to store policy.
Maintain adequate supplies of dockets, vouchers and point-of-sale documents.
Inform customers of delays in the point-of-sale operation.
Use numbers in the workplace.
Accurately list a range of possible retail workplace numerical problems.
Collect numerical information from various sources and calculate accurately with or without the use of a calculator.
Perform point-of-sale transactions.
Complete point-of-sale transactions according to store policy.
Identify and apply store procedures in respect of cash and non-cash transactions.
Identify and apply store procedures in regard to exchanges and returns.
Move goods through point-of-sale area efficiently and with attention to fragility and packaging.
Accurately enter information entered into point-of-sale equipment.
State price or total and amount of cash received verbally to customer.
Tender correct change.
Complete customer order forms, invoices and receipts accurately.
Accurately identify and process customer delivery requirements according to set timeframes.
Process sales transactions or direct customers to point-of-sale terminals according to store policy without undue delay.
Wrap and pack goods.
Maintain and request adequate supplies of wrapping and packaging materials.
Select appropriate wrapping or packaging material.
Wrap merchandise neatly and effectively where required.
Pack items safely to avoid damage in transit, and attach labels where required.
Arrange transfer of merchandise for parcel pick-up or other delivery methods if required.