Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBLED501A, 'Develop a workplace learning environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop a workplace learning environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Create learning opportunities
1.1. Identify potential formal and informal learning opportunities
1.2. Identify learning needs of individuals in relation to the needs of the team and/or enterprise, and available learning opportunities
1.3. Develop and implement learning plans as an integral part of individual and team performance plans
1.4. Develop strategies to ensure that learning plans reflect the diversity of needs
1.5. Ensure organisational procedures maximise individual and team access to, and participation in, learning opportunities
1.6. Ensure effective liaison occurs with training and development specialists and contributes to learning opportunities which enhance individual, team and organisational performance
2. Facilitate and promote learning
2.1. Develop strategies to ensure that workplace learning opportunities are used and that team members are encouraged to share their skills and knowledge to encourage a learning culture within the team
2.2. Implement organisational procedures to ensure workplace learning opportunities contribute to the development of appropriate workplace knowledge, skills and attitudes
2.3. Implement policies and procedures to encourage team members to assess their own competencies, and to identify their own learning and development needs
2.4. Share the benefits of learning with others in the team and organisation
2.5. Recognise workplace achievement by timely and appropriate recognition, feedback and rewards
3. Monitor and improve learning effectiveness
3.1. Use strategies to ensure that team and individual learning performance is monitored to determine the type and extent of any additional work-based support required, and any occupational health and safety (OHS) issues
3.2. Use feedback from individuals and teams to identify and introduce improvements in future learning arrangements
3.3. Make adjustments, negotiated with training and development specialists, for improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of learning
3.4. Use processes to ensure that records and reports of competency are documented and maintained within the organisation's systems and procedures to inform future planning