Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBRSK401A, 'Identify risk and apply risk management processes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Identify risk and apply risk management processes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify risks
1.1. Identify the context for risk management
1.2. Identify risks using tools, ensuring all reasonable steps have been taken to identify all risks
1.3. Document identified risks in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation
2. Analyse and evaluate risks
2.1. Analyse and document risks in consultation with relevant stakeholders
2.2. Undertake risk categorisation and determine level of risk
2.3. Document analysis processes and outcomes
3. Treat risks
3.1. Determine appropriate control measures for risks and assess for strengths and weaknesses
3.2. Identify control measures for all risks
3.3. Refer risks relevant to whole of organisation or having an impact beyond own work responsibilities and area of operation to others as per established policies and procedures
3.4. Choose and implement control measures for own area of operation and/or responsibilities
3.5. Prepare and implement treatment plans
4. Monitor and review effectiveness of risk treatment/s
4.1. Regularly review implemented treatment/s against measures of success
4.2. Use review results to improve the treatment of risks
4.3. Provide assistance to auditing risk in own area of operation
4.4. Monitor and review management of risk in own area of operation